Orban, clarifications about the resignation: says "I made the decision when I saw the election result"

 

Orban, clarifications about the resignation: says "I made the decision when I saw the election result"

Ludovic Orban avoided answering clearly whether President Klaus Iohannis demanded his resignation from the post of prime minister, saying that the resignation was a personal decision, and to repeated questions from journalists Orban said he had made that decision after seeing the parliamentary election result .

Ludovic Orban made these statements on Tuesday, at the end of the PNL meeting on the negotiation strategy for the formation of the new government.

Orban said again that he considered it "a gesture of honor and dignity" to resign, to show that he is not clinging to office: "I considered it a gesture of honor and dignity after these elections to do this gesture. I did so for exactly the reasons I explained in the public statement. It is a decision that was natural to show that I do not cling to the position of prime minister, to show that I took into account the expressed will ".

"The resignation is a personal decision. It is a personal decision that I made ", said Ludovic Orban, when asked if President Klaus Iohannis was the one who asked him to resign.

Asked about the president's support, Orban replied: "It's not about support or non-support. I made a decision, I put it into practice ".

Asked if he had thought about the option of resigning before meeting with Iohannis, on Monday, in Cotroceni, Orban answered: “Certainly. When I saw the results of the vote ".

Ludovic Orban was also asked if he would like to be prime minister again, answering that he said very clearly that he had submitted his mandate and that he did not have this intention.

"In these conditions, I said very clearly: I submitted my mandate and I did not express this intention. We need stability, we focus on a parliamentary majority that has a very serious program that will lead to the development of Romania. There is only one answer - when an agreement is reached on a possible proposed prime minister, we will announce it ", said Ludovic Orban.

Prime Minister Ludovic Orban announced on Monday that he is stepping down as prime minister, a year and a month after taking office, saying he is leaving with a sense of duty. Orban said he would coordinate the negotiations leading to a center-right government and expressed his belief that the PNL would have the capacity to give the future prime minister and form the backbone of the future government.

-------------------------------------



COURTESY universul.net

------------

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url